Our School operates for well children and staff only.
Children should be fully able to participate in all activities, including outdoor play, which occurs daily. Please have your child dressed appropriately. Because of staffing, all children must participate in outdoor activities. All children well enough to be at the school will be considered well enough to go outside.
Before your child’s first day, a Health Assessment Form and Immunization Record must be submitted. It must be completed in full and signed by both you and your healthcare provider reflecting a physical exam performed within the last year, including a record of age appropriate immunizations. Your child will not be able to start without this. This form needs to be updated annually. If your child has any known allergies or medical conditions that require additional awareness, an Emergency Action Plan and/or Individual Healthcare Plan, may need to be filled out completely by both the parent or guardian and your child’s pediatrician.
Children who are mildly ill (i.e. minor cold symptoms) may remain at the school. Children with symptoms of communicable diseases remain with a staff member until the parent or designated representative arrives for the child. We make every effort to reach the parents when a child is ill, but after 30 minutes we will contact the emergency contacts indicated by the parents. We ask that your child be removed from the program within one hour of the phone call.
Children with the following conditions will not be able to attend:
- Two consecutive diarrheas
- Diarrhea accompained by other symptoms (fever, rash, runny nose, crankiness)
- A fever of 101* F or above
- A skin rash that has not been identified in writing from a pediatrician who has viewed the rash
- Severe coughing
- Evidence of head lice or other parasites
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye) and/or eye discharge, unless there is written confirmation by a pediatrician that it is not contagious
- Soar throat or difficulty swallowing
- Pain in which the child complains and it interferes with normal activity
- Evidence of infection
If your child is sick, please keep him or her home. We would like to keep our School sanitized and healthy for all that attend. Thank you.
Children may be readmitted:
- Accompanying a physicians’s statement that the child is free from communicable disease and that returning poses no risk to the child or others.
- Is fever free without the benefit of fever reducing medication for 24 hours, and free of vomiting and/or diarrhea for 24 hours while on a normal diet.